A person carrying a cardboard box with work belongings inside

Health Insurance After a Job Loss

Lost your job-based coverage? You have options! Apply Now
A hand holding a smartphone on a lavender and green background. On the screen, a notification reads, “Cascade Care Savings: A new way to save on monthly premiums.”

More Coverage for Less Money

Save up to 100%* on monthly premiums when you choose a Cascade Silver plan.


*Actual percentages and amounts vary between households.

Let's Get Started

Frequently Asked Questions

If you enroll in COBRA and voluntarily decide to end your COBRA coverage early, you will not be eligible to apply for coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder.

If during your COBRA coverage, you experience a change in circumstance that makes your COBRA plan less affordable, you may qualify for a special enrollment period through Washington Healthplanfinder.

At the end of your COBRA coverage, you can enroll in Washington Healthplanfinder coverage. You have up to 60 days before and after your COBRA coverage end date to enroll.

While signing up for coverage, you are asked whether you received any unemployment income and enter the benefit amount on the application. Unemployment benefits are distributed weekly in Washington State.

You can view your weekly unemployment benefit amount by logging onto your SecureAccess account on the Employment Security Department website.

Washington Healthplanfinder offers many ways to save on premium and out-of-pocket costs.

Your eligibility results show if you qualify for these savings. The amount and type you qualify for will depend on your situation.

If you are outside the 60-day window, you will need to wait until the next open enrollment to apply for health coverage unless there is another qualifying life event which opens a special enrollment period.

Enrollment is offered year-round for families who qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Washington Apple Health (Medicaid).