How Do I Renew My Coverage?
Renew your health and dental coverage including free or low-cost Washington Apple Health. Washington Apple Health renewal occurs all year-round. You can expect to get a letter about your annual renewal with important deadline information.
Renew Online when the system is back up.
Sign in to your account to renew your coverage.
Renew In-Person during business hours.
Get help renewing in-person from a Navigator or Broker.
Navigators are trained to help you complete an application and answer any questions as you enroll. You can get help in-person and over-the-phone from a Navigator.
Registered brokers are licensed professionals that can help you fill out the application and recommend a plan for you. Brokers may charge a small fee, unless they help you enroll into a Washington Apple Health plan.
Renew through the WaPlanfinder app when the system is back up.
Download our mobile app, WAPlanfinder, and renew directly from your phone.
Renew Over-the-Phone during business hours.
Contact customer support toll-free at 1-855-923-4633
How Do I Get Dental Coverage?
Washington Apple Health & Dental
Dental is included under Washington Apple Health coverage for both adults and children. Once you’re enrolled in Apple Health, you don’t need to purchase a separate dental plan.
Learn more about Washington Apple Health dental coverage for adults and children.
Dental plans can cover just adults, adults and children, or children only. Anyone who is eligible and enrolls in a Qualified Health Plan is eligible to enroll in a dental plan. You’ll get to decide which household members you’d like to cover as you shop.
Households can only sign up for one dental plan. If the household is eligible for tax credits, it will only be applied to the health plan, not the dental plan.
Shopping for Dental
You can shop for dental plans the same way you pick a health plan – sort, filter, and compare options side-by-side. You can also view your total monthly costs for both health and dental before you confirm your coverage.
Dental coverage for children is an essential health benefit, which means any child on your application who is 18 or younger is required to enroll in a dental plan.
Dental plans for children are available through Washington Healthplanfinder as family plans or as pediatric-only plans. Benefits for children don’t differ between family plans or pediatric-only plans. The only difference is that with family dental plans, all members of your household (including adults) can be covered.
Things to consider when enrolling your child in a pediatric-only dental plan:
- Pediatric-only dental plans are not necessarily cheaper than dental coverage that covers the entire family. Plans and prices are different for each insurance company. Compare your options to make sure you pick the right coverage for your family.
- If your child is eligible for Washington Apple Health, you don’t need to enroll them in a separate dental plan.
- Because dental coverage for children 18 or younger is considered an essential health benefit, an annual out-of-pocket maximum applies to any dental plan your child is enrolled in. Dental is not an essential health benefit for adults so the same annual out-of-pocket maximum does not apply.
How Do I Reset My Password?
- Click "Sign In"
- Select "Forgot Your Password"
- You'll need to make your password at least 8 characters long.
- You can't use a previous password.
Our password requirements have been tough – that’s because Washington Healthplanfinder keeps some sensitive information. But after many of you noted to us that the password rules were too strict and that your password expires too quickly, we’ve made some changes.
Now, when you create or update your password, you can’t use a previous password and you’ll need to make it at least 8 characters long. That’s it. No more need for at least one uppercase character, lowercase character, special character, or any other special rule. It’s all up to you! And, we’ve provided a handy password strength indicator to help.
The best part? Your password no longer expires. Ever.
How Do I Report a Change?
- To update your account information, sign in to your account and select “Report a Change”.
- Answer the questions that apply to you and follow the pages to update your information.
- You can do this at wahealthplanfinder.org or through WAPlanfinder, our mobile app.
- Make sure to finish the application by electronically signing and submitting it to apply the changes.
Washington Apple Health Changes
In addition to reporting a change through your account, Washington Apple Health clients can report changes by emailing AskMAGI@hca.wa.gov
or calling 1-800-562-3022.
Eligibility Can Change
After you make your updates and submit your application, you’ll get a new eligibility result that will explain:
- If you qualify for free or low-cost Washington Apple Health or a Qualified Health and Dental Plan
- If you qualify for a special enrollment period
- Any new amount of financial help, such as tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
- Your new plan options in your area if you moved
What You Need to Know
For Washington Apple Health, you must report changes by the 10th of the month after the change occurred.
For other plans, you must report changes to your account by the 15th of the month for your coverage to begin the next month.
Download the WAPlanfinder App to Update Your Information
How Do I Cancel my Coverage?
Cancel for all household members
If you want to cancel coverage for all household members, click “Cancel Coverage” under “My Coverage” on your dashboard.
Cancel for some household members
If you want to cancel coverage for someone in your household, click “Report a Change in Income or Household.”
Update which household member should be removed from coverage and resubmit your application.
Cancel Washington Apple Health
If you want to cancel your Washington Apple Health coverage, call the Washington State Health Care Authority at 1-855-923-4633.
How Do I Submit a Document?
Use the WAPlanfinder Mobile App
Download our mobile app to submit your documents with the snap of a photo. Sign in to your account, go to Document Center, upload your documents and you’re done.
Submit your documents by visiting your account.
- Sign in to your account
- Click the tab “Document Center”
- The documents you need to submit will be under the “Documents Needed” section
- Click “Upload”
Fax or Mail
You can also fax or mail a copy of your documents. We can’t return original copies to you.
Mailing documents will delay processing.
P.O. Box 946, Olympia, WA 98507
IMPORTANT! Don’t mail your documents if your deadline is less than 2 weeks away.
Washington Apple Health clients can also turn in documents in these additional ways:
Upload Your Documents Online