Get Your 1095 Tax Form
Looking for your 1095 tax form?
Customers enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan will receive a 1095-A tax form by early February. If you were enrolled in more than one plan during the year, you’ll get a 1095-A for each plan. Customers enrolled in a catastrophic health plan will not receive a 1095-A. If you or a household member used tax credits, you must file a federal income tax return. Find more information on 1095-A Tax Form.
You can view or print a digital copy of your 1095-A by signing in to your account. Click “View 1095 Forms” from the dashboard or by going to your Message Center. You can also download the WAPlanfinder mobile app available in the App Store and Google Play.
Mail notifications: You will only receive a paper copy of your 1095-A in the mail from Washington Healthplanfinder if you have signed up for mail notification through your account.
Trouble viewing online: If you’re having trouble viewing your Washington Healthplanfinder messages, including your 1095-A, try updating your internet browser or using a different browser (for example, Chrome).
The 1095-B is a tax form verifying you or your household member received free or low-cost Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage for one or more months of the last tax year. This form will list all those enrolled in Washington Apple Health coverage.
You do not need your 1095-B to file your taxes. You do not need to return this form to the Washington State Health Care Authority.
To access your 1095-B tax form, sign in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account. From the dashboard, click “View 1095 Forms” to view or download your 1095-B form. If you do not have a Washington Healthplanfinder account, you can create an account to view or download your tax form. You can find more information on 1095-B at Health Care Authority or call 1-800-562-3022.
For individuals who are aged, blind, disabled or in need of long-term services and supports receiving Apple Health coverage:
- Request your copy online using the Washington Apple Health web form (click ‘Client’ and select ‘1095-B" from the drop-down menu), or
- Call the Medical Assistance Customer Service Center at 1-800-562-3022.
If I received a 1095-A, what forms do I need to submit with my tax return?
Use your 1095-A to complete IRS Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.
If you used tax credits to lower the cost of your monthly premium, or you’d like to claim your tax credit as a lump sum, you must file a federal tax return and attach Form 8962.
When you file your tax return, you must use IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040NR.
IMPORTANT! If you don’t file your taxes correctly and on time, you may not be eligible to get tax credits in future years.
What is IRS Form 8962 (Premium Tax Credit)?
You’ll use the information on your 1095-A to complete Form 8962 when you file your taxes.
What if information is incorrect or missing from my 1095-A?
The most common reasons a 1095-A needs to be updated include:
- Incorrect coverage dates (start date, end date, number of months covered, etc.)
- Incorrect tax credit amount
If you think there’s an error on your 1095-A, submit a correction request online.
- You don’t need to submit a correction request if your name or a household member’s name is spelled incorrectly, or if an incorrect physical address is listed on your 1095-A. This information can be updated when you file your tax return.
- Any changes to your household size that you forgot to update can be updated using Form 8962.
What if information is incorrect or missing from My 1095-B?
If your address or name is incorrect on your 1095-B, no corrections or updates to the form are necessary. The IRS has already received the required information.
Report a Change
If you are receiving Apple Health coverage for adults, children, pregnant individuals, and parent/caretakers, update your information by signing in to your account or contact us to speak with a customer service representative at: 1-855-923-4633.
For individuals who are aged, blind, disabled or in need of long-term services and supports receiving Apple Health coverage visit washingtonconnection.org or call DSHS Customer Service Center at 1-877-501-2233.
Tax Preparation Resources
The IRS provides free software and forms for individuals to complete and submit their federal income tax returns.
- If your income was less than $64,000, you can use Free File, an online tax preparation software.
- If your income was more than $64,000, you can use Free File Fillable Forms, electronic versions of the paper forms.
- Filing Your Taxes
- E-File Options for Individuals
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA)
- Resources to Help You Prepare Your Tax Return and Resolve Tax Disputes
- The Health Care Law and Your Taxes
- File As Soon As Possible to Maintain Eligibility for Advance Payments of the Premium Tax Credit
- Premium Tax Credit: Claiming the Credit and Reconciling Advance Credit Payments
Tax Preparation Help
If you’re looking for tax preparation help or you want to check the credentials of someone you’re working with, the IRS provides a tax professional directory.