Get ready to apply when the system is back up.
Gather Your Information and Come Back When Our System is Up
Before you start your application, gather the information below for all household members applying for coverage:
- Legal names
- Birth dates
- Social Security numbers
- Income before taxes/deductions
- Tax filing status (this is what you report on your IRS tax return)
- Proof of income (if your income has changed since you last filed taxes)
- Current health insurance information (coverage dates, group number, policy number)
- Proof of immigration status if you’re a legal permanent resident
- Proof of tribal status if you’re a registered American Indian/Alaska Native
Apply Through the WAPlanfinder App When the System is Back Up
Download our mobile app, WAPlanfinder and apply directly from your phone.
There are Two Ways to Get Coverage
1. Qualify for Free or Low-cost Washington Apple Health Coverage
You can apply for free or low-cost Washington Apple Health coverage any time, all year. If you qualify, you can enroll immediately.
2. Qualify for a special enrollment period
You may qualify for a special enrollment period if you or anyone in your household had certain life changes in the past 60 days.
Examples of a life change:
- Got married
- Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care
- Got divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance. (Divorce or legal separation without losing coverage doesn’t qualify you for a special enrollment period.)
- Loss of member in your household. You’ll be eligible for a special enrollment period if someone dies and as a result you’re no longer eligible for your current health plan
- Moving from a location outside of Washington state or moved counties within Washington State
- Tribal membership
- Getting released from jail or prison
- A change in citizenship or lawful presence status
- Loss of other health coverage
- Other life change
Apply Online When Our System is Back Up
When you're ready to apply, sign in or set up an account on Washington Healthplanfinder. Use the information you gathered to fill out or update the application.
Check out our quick tips to help you complete the application.
Get In-Person Help Renewing from a Navigator or Broker When the System is Back Up
Navigators are trained to help you complete an application and answer any questions as you enroll. You can get help in-person and over-the-phone from a Navigator.
Registered brokers are licensed professionals that often live in and support their local communities. Brokers can help you fill out the application and can recommend a plan for you. Brokers may charge a small fee, unless they help you enroll into a Washington Apple Health plan.
Apply Over-the-Phone During Business Hours
Contact customer support toll-free at 1-855-923-4633
Learn Insurance Basics Before You Start